[导读] 湖北成人高考网权威发布《2020年湖北成人高考高起点英语练习题及答案（12）》,由胡老师整理发布，更多2020年湖北成人高考高起点英语练习题及答案（12） 相关信息请访问湖北成人高考外语辅导频道。
Fire can help people in many ways. Fire can heat water， (1)____ your house， give light and cook food. But fire can burn things too. Nobody knows (2)____ people began to use fire. One story from Australia tells about a man a very long time ago. He (3)____ the sun by a rope and brought fire down.
Today people know how to (4)____ a fire with matches. Children sometimes like to play with them. But matches can be very (5)____.
Fire kills people every year. So you must be careful (6)____ matches. You should also learn to (7)____ fires. Fires need oxygen. Without oxygen they die. There is (8)____ in the air. Cover a fire with water， sand， or (9)____， with your coat or a blanket. This keeps the air from a fire and kills it.
Be careful with fire， and it will help you. Be careless with fire， and it might (10)____ you.
1. A. brighten B. warm C. beautify D. lighten
2. A. where B. when C. what D. how
3. A. watched B. got up to C. went up to D. discovered
4. A. set B. make C. cause D. catch
5.A. dangerous B. bright C. unusual D. common
6. A. about B. to C. On D. afterwww.Examda.CoM
7. A. lay out B. put out C. put away D. do away with
8. A. fire B. moisture C. oxygen D. substance
9. A. in general B. in particular C. in a hurry D. in an emergency
10. A. injure B. hurt C. destroy D. spoil
Here is another program in the series， "Famous Personalities (个性)。" This afternoon I am going to talk (11)____ the famous film director， Daniel Z. Sloman. Dan Sloman doesn't need any introduction from me. He has directed "Goodbye to Boston"， "Pacific Story" and many other famous films. "Tell me， Dan， have you ever directed a film in England?"
"Why， yes， Peter. I directed 'Green Years' here."
"Oh course. How long (12)____ was that， Dan?"
"That was five years ago. That film was about life in an English village."
"What can you remember about this (13)____， Dan?"
"Lots of things， Peter. When we were filming in the open， it usually (14)____ to rain!"
"You rebuilt half the village， I believe， Dan."
"That's right， Peter. We built a (15)____ over the river. We put a few buildings. (16)____ our men were working， half the (17)____ watched us."
"Were the villagers against the film?"
"Oh， no. Many villagers (18)____ a lot of money. Thousands of tourists came to the village. The place (19)____ famous."
"Have you ever been back to the village since then?"
"I can't say I have， Peter. But I remember it well."
"What else do you remember about the film， 'Green Years'， Dan?"
"Well， I remember the actors， of course. In one scene we (20)____ a thousand 'extras'."
"And you used the villagers."
"That's right， Peter. There were 2000 men， women and children in the village and we used a thousand of them. Every man has his price. We paid each villager fifty pence to take part in the film."
"What about the villagers that weren't in the film?"
"They came to watch."
"What happened then?"
"It was very funny， Peter. We couldn't keep them out of it. We paid half the villagers fifty pence each to act in the film. And we paid the other half of the villagers five pounds each not to join in the film! But it was a great scene. I'll never forget it."
"Thank you， Dan."
11. A. to B. about C. for D. into
12. A. before B. ago C. after D. since
13. A. life B. village C. year D. film
14. A. begins B. began C. had started D. beginning
15. A. road B. way C. village D. bridge
16. A. As soon as B. After C. Before D. While
17. A. town B. city C. village D. country
18. A. made B. took C. carried D. brought
19. A. is B. gets C. became D. get
20. A. asked B. dismissed C. needed D. told
Key： 1. B 2. D 3. C 4. B 5. A 6. A 7. B 8. C 9. D 10. B 11. A 12. B 13. D 14. B 15. D 16. D 17. C 18. A 19. C 20. C
转载请注明：文章转载自 湖北自考网 [https://www.hbzkw.com/]本文关键词：